Cash and Carry Foods Home
Latest News & EventsView older posts
White Chocolate Gingerbread Latte recipe is an easy drink recipe for the holiday season! The flavored latte is simple to make at home and perfect for enjoying any winter morning.Read More
Slow Cooker Cranberry-Glazed Ham You can never go wrong with ham and homemade cranberry glaze for the holidays. This delicious and easy recipe not only smells amazing but tastes great!Read More
Looking for a fun and easy holiday recipe? Turn the favorite pigs in a blanket into a holiday wreath served with a cranberry mustard dipping sauce!Read More
Classic Pot Roast is comfort food at its best, slow roasted with celery and carrots in the slow cooker. A perfect weekend dinner.Read More
About Us - Local Commitment
We are committed to the community and strive to support the events and causes that make Grangeville a great place to live.
Click here to view photos from our "Committed to Our Community" Facebook photo album.
Local senior citizens enjoy home deliveries, which often arrive in the 1950 Chevy pickup that Jim Schmidt (Sr.) drove when working at area stores. We offer friendly, old-fashioned carry-out service and are committed to stocking local products to help support our local economy.
We strive to create a unique and friendly family-driven shopping experience at a time when impersonal bulk order stores and massive retail conglomerates seem to dominate every shopping opportunity. As members of this community for 32 years, we make every effort to deliver the best to you, our loyal customers.
Our current remodel includes a new vestibule, service center, relocated deli, expanded produce and meat departments, and beer cave. Our growth and success is attributed to the great people who work with us and the many customers who have honored us with their loyalty over the years.
Cash & Carry Foods, originally "Martin's Foodland," was purchased in 1978 by Jim (Sr.) and Beverly Schmidt from Leland and Helen Litchfield. In 1998, sons Jim and Mike purchased the company, which included the Grangeville store as well as a store in Cottonwood, from their parents. After working together for many years, Mike and Jackie assumed ownership of the Cottonwood store and Jim and Mary assumed operation of the Grangeville store in 2008.
Jim and Mary undertook a major store remodel in the fall of 2012 with completion expected in November 2013. The remodel extends the building onto adjacent property that was originally the site of Stan's Richfield and later John's Exxon, operated by brothers John and George Vrieling until April 1996.
Active participants in the Grangeville community for 32 years, Jim and Mary and have raised two children, Jenne Marie and JD.
- Beer Cave - Walk-in beer cave featuring more than 300 beers, including malt beverages, artisan beers and the popular "make your own 6-pack".
- Produce - Large selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, including locally grown produce when available.
- Meat - Fresh cut meat and sausage ground on site. Special orders welcomed.
- Deli - Chester's fried chicken, rotisserie chicken, homemade soups and salads. Custom party trays made to order.
- Bakery - Wide selection of breads, pastries, pies and cakes.
- Frozen Foods - Ice cream and other frozen treats, as well as frozen meats, vegetables and dinner items.
- Center Store - Food Club and national brands. Case goods available for special order at our cost + 10%.
- General Merchandise - Basic health, beauty, kitchen, automotive, baby and pet supplies.